Swimmers loved the challenge of this set! Having broken 200s promotes faster swims within each 50 than would otherwise be obtained as a straight 200. As NKSM swimmers don't typically race > 200 distances, broken sets like these serve us quite well.
All Levels - LCM
w/u: 300 swim with fins
200 Slow Rotisserie Kick
PS: 5 x 100 @ 1:55/2:05/2:15/:10sR
- Alternate 25 Fingertip Drag/25 Swim
MS: 6 x Broken 200s; EACH 200 followed by 50 Kick (streamlined on belly or back); *USE SNORKEL *Can either do these as FREE, IM, or STROKE MIX by 200 - time listed below is your TOTAL Interval; including :05sR after EACH 50.
- L3: Each 200 should be on 4:00/4:10/4:30 TOTAL
- L4: Each 200 should be on 3:20 OR 3:30 TOTAL
C/D: 200 EZ
**Level 2: 6 x 50 as 25 Fingertip Drag/25 Swim @ :10sR
- 5 x Broken 200s; each followed by 50 Kick (streamlined on belly or back); *USE SNORKEL
- :05sR after each 50; :10sR after each 200