Changed thing up w/ today's practice by using stations. Today primarily focused on POWER and each lane had something different cooked up. :) After a 10-minute warm-up, swimmers completed the activity at each station for approximately 6 minutes, before moving to the next station. We allowed 1-minute for rest/prep at next stations before next 6-minute interval began. Every swimmer performed each station at least once and performed a couple twice. It was a fun change of pace, but also proved to be a tiring sequence of stations towards the end.
All Levels: STATIONS!!
LANE #1: PARACHUTE SWIMMING (PADDLES OPT.)
- BUCKLE PARACHUTE AROUND WAIST, KEEP CHUTE OFF TO ONE SIDE.
- SWIM REPEAT 50s @ :15sR
LANE #2: VERTICAL KICKING (FINS OPT)
- HANDS ABOVE SURFACE/ON TOP OF HEAD AND KICK FLUTTER OR DOLPHIN
- :40 ON……:20 FLOAT
LANE #3: DIVE-DOWN BRICK THROWS
- DIVE DOWN AND RETRIEVE BRICK
- BURST OFF OF BOTTOM WITH BRICK ABOVE HEAD
- PERFORM 2 OVERHEAD BRICK RAISES (OPT), THEN THROW BRICK DOWN
- TAKE 15-20 SEC REST IN BETWEEN EACH DIVE
LANE #4: SPRINTS FROM THE BLOCKS**
- START YOURSELF OFF BLOCK AND SPRINT 25; SWIM EZ 25 BACK TO STARTING BLOCK.
**OFF BLOCKS IS OPTIONAL; CAN SUBSTITUTE DIVE OR PUSH OFF WALL
LANE #5: ANKLE BAND PULLING
- PLACE BAND AROUND ANKLES (MAY NEED TO TWIST 1 OR 2 TIMES TO TIGHTEN)
- SWIM 75s WITH BAND, FOCUSING ON HIGH HIPS/BODY POSITION
- :15sR AFTER EACH 75
LANE #6: 300 SWIM W/ HULA HOOP OR AB WHEEL
- SWIM 300 FREE, BUT GET OUT AFTER EVERY 50 AND EITHER PERFORM :20 OF HULA HOOPING OR 10 AB WHEEL ROLL-OUTS
LANE #7: WATER POLO CATCH W/ PARTNER
- Toss water polo ball back and forth w/ partner while treading water.
STATION 8: DRYLANDS!!
- REPEAT AS MANY ROUNDS OF THE FOLLOWING CYCLE OF EXERCISES; :20sR IN BETWEEN EACH ROUND
- 30 CRUNCHES
- 10 PUSH-UPS
- :30 PLANK
- :30 ON-DECK FLUTTER KICKING